In all of my days working, no job has been more rewarding than being an educator!
The road that I have traveled has been an unorthodox path. Please take a moment to explore some of the crossroads in my life. If less than impressed, and I suspect you will be, send me an email and I will forward you a detailed resume!
- Responsible for maintaining class routines, keeping learners on task, creating a positive learning environment and encouraging cooperative learning techniques
- Complete professional development activities related to instructional strategies and accommodating the diverse needs of students as well as behavioral intervention and restraint
- Awarded 93 assignments at 40 schools; facilitated courses for more than 2,500 learners
- Facilitated nearly 10,000 hours of face-to-face ESL courses: subjects included business, exam prep, grammar and reading comprehension
- Developed and delivered lesson plans that incorporated appropriate teaching techniques
- Employed a plethora of instructional strategies to meet different learner aptitudes
- Administered language assessments for initial learner placement and to evaluate progress
- Maintained accurate records of learner progress
- Assisted supervisors with teacher recruitment and administrative duties as needed
- Utilized online curriculum to learn full-stack development best practices
- Met with mentor and cohort peers weekly to formulate strategies to complete <code> challenges
- Demonstrated proficiency using Office Suite
- Completed a 100-hour curriculum on topics that included classroom management, lesson planning and teaching English grammar
- Business Co-Op with The Econ Village Group
- Office of Budget Review Intern with the Kentucky Legislative Research Commission
- Elected chapter President of Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honors Society)
- Student Assistant for Office of the President
- Mentor + Tutor with the Louisville Urban League
Jack-of-all-trades, I am not, but my unique skill set helps be be the change that I want to see in the world!
Talk is cheap: check out my portfolio to evaluate my work for yourself!