Non-traditional educator and web technology enthusiast exploring front-end web developer opportunities. Self-directive learner with a full-stack mentality capable of designing, developing and deploying a website to specification. Results-oriented, hands-on professional with a distinctive cosmopolitan experience delivering proficient customer and language acquisition services.
- Responsible for maintaining class routines, keeping learners on task, creating a positive learning environment and encouraging cooperative learning techniques.
- Completed professional development activities related to instructional strategies and accommodating the diverse needs of students as well as violence prevention, intervention and restraint.
- Awarded 40 assignments at 16 schools; facilitated courses for more than 1,500 learners on subjects that include Computer Literacy, ESL, History and Math.
- niche business leveraging my professional skillset
- Nearly 10,000 hours facilitating courses to learners of varying fluency
- Awarded Foreign Expert Certificate by Peoples Republic of China to assist the foreign language departments at three state-run institutions of education
- Cooperated with private agencies and recruiters to scout ESL teacher candidates
- Developed curricula materials and procurred authentic relia
|Design||IA/UI/UX, Mobile 1st, Grid Layout, W Accessibility Compliant|
|Develop||APIs, Dependency Management, Optimization, Config & Install|
|Deploy||Command-line Interface, Version Control, SFTP/SSH, DNS Hosting|
- Utilized Treehouse curriculum to build a foundation of knowledge
- Attended weekly meetups with mentors and cohort peers to discuss curriculum code challenges and make inquiries regarding project status.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Completed 100-hour curriculum on topics that included classroom management, lesson planning and teaching English grammar to non-native speakers.
- Chapter President: Pi Sigma Alpha
- Student Assistant: Office of the President
- Intern: Legislative Research Commission
- Co-Op: The Econ Village Group, LLC
- Volunteer Tutor: Louisville Urban League